Charlottetown Boulevard Childcare Centre (“CBCC”) is a not-for-profit childcare centre operating out of 111 Island Rd unit 5 . The centre has approximately 140 children in programs that range from toddler to school-aged. Day to day operations at CBCC are managed by an experienced and capable management team. As a not-for-profit registered charitable organization, CBCC also has a volunteer Board of Directors (the “Board”), currently made up of CBCC parents, that is responsible for governing the centre with leadership, strategic direction and planning.
The role of the Board
- The Board has a number of committees such as communications, finance, fundraising, human resources, and strategic planning
- On a monthly basis the Board meets to discuss committee reports, to hear from Management about day to day happenings at CBCC, and to vote on matters that directly impact CBCC
- On an as needed basis the Board provides updates to families to communicate any current issues. (via physical letter or e-mail)
- On an annual basis, the CBCC has its Annual General Meeting (the “AGM”) held in early November. Parents are encouraged to attend the AGM in order to learn more about results and plans for CBCC, with specific topics being:
- Financial results of the Centre
- Key initiatives and accomplishments achieved during the year
- Strategic Plans for the years ahead
- Recognizing the Staff and Management for their efforts
- Approving any changes to the CBCC’s by-laws; and
- Electing new Board members
The makeup of the Board
The Board is currently made up of parents from CBCC. Parents who join the Board typically do so for one to three years. The Board may also consider a community member Board seat, reserved for a Board member who does not have children at CBCC but who does have relevant expertise. Board members are elected at the AGM, or in some cases can be added at a regular Board meeting. The Board always welcomes parents with an interest in the welfare of CBCC.